September 18: Bottle of White Zinfandel, Two Bottles of Chiraz and Two Wine Glasses

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 12:31 AM
Given to Davide from Tom.

Should the Dos Equis spokesman die (which I hope doesn't happen since those commercials are in a tie with the William Shatner Priceline commercials as my top two favorites), we have a capable replacement in Davide.  Let's give you a little taste of Davide.  First off, he plays guitar in several groups, including an ABBA and Billy Joel/Elton John "Piano Man" tribute bands.   He enjoys throwing back a 5-hour energy when the time calls for it.  He lets me borrow his car.  He's Swiss.  Ladies love his accent. Oh, and I have a story for you.

A little while ago, I was interviewing for a job away from my natural habitat and stayed with Davide and his wife.  I had the whole kit ready to go--suit jacket, suit pants, black socks, tie, belt, and polished shoes.  I forgot my dress shirt.  I thought it would look kind of silly to be going to an interview with five curled chest hairs sticking out of an elegant black suit.  It was around 10 p.m. when I discovered this and I had an 11 a.m. interview in a town about an hour away the following morning.  I knew I could probably stop at the store, but that wasn't the best option.  Despite being eight inches shorter than me, Davide--by some crazy stroke of luck--had a shirt that fit me.  I must have given him a hug that corresponded to each inch between us.

If you were not duly impressed, his wife and I think he looks like the famed French philosopher and mathematician René Descartes pictured in the Cafe Descartes logo.

Davide
-Profession: Musician

-Favorite Will Smith movie: Independence Day

-As a Swiss, do you remain neutral in quarrels with your wife?:  No and that's all I'm gonna say.

-If it were not a popular, low-cost hot chocolate, what would 'Swiss Miss' refer to?: My mother.

-What's the longest amount of time (approximate) you've zoned out during an ABBA song?:  A whole song sometimes.  Probably three minutes.