August 29: Cabana Rd. Street Sign

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 7:21 AM
Given to Fanny from Shelby.
At the Copa...Copa-cabana Rd.

On my way to meet my mom for dinner last night, traffic on the interstate at times crawled to a snail's pace.  Normally, traffic doesn't bother me...except from time to time and it did again today.  I made an abrupt stop because the car in front of me had put on it's brakes--likely in a chain reaction of stops that finally made it's way back to me.  I peered into my rearview mirror to make sure the person behind  me also stopped with enough room.  Oddly, I noticed the woman behind me jawing and contorting her face like she was portraying anger in some kind of psychological test.  It kinda feels like you had to be there to know exactly what I saw, but the closest thing you could probably picture would be Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest going off on R.P. McMurphy.  I thought she was mad at me for the abrupt stop.

I kept looking back in the mirror and grew increasingly scared for my life based on the woman's mouth contorting in unflattering ways.  It dawned on me after several look-backs that this person was on the phone using the hands-free technology that many drivers enjoy.  I don't know if it was someone calling me or a Jack Johnson song that took my attention away from her for a bit, but when I looked back, it was happy psychological testing time with a smile beaming off the woman's face. 

How can a sweet woman like this
be salty?
Fanny
-Profession: Server

-Favorite breakfast pastry: Russian tea biscuit

-List the top three items found in your fanny pack: 1) money; 2) passport; 3) airline ticket

-If you look at a salt & pepper shaker, who is the man and who is the woman?:  Salt's the woman and pepper's the man.  I think pepper looks more masculine.

-What percent of people ask for a booth and what percent ask for a table when being sat?:  60% for a booth and 40% for a table.