August 16: Sombrero, "Six Feet Under" Season 1 on DVD, $15 giftcard to Tommy's restaurant

Friday, August 17, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 1:49 AM
Given to Andy from Nicole.

It's amazing what can happen in 24 hours.  I was leaving my gift exchange with Nicole yesterday and was pressed to fill the void that was left today as someone had an emergency come up and had to cancel their exchange.  Stepping out of Starbucks with sombrero and other gifts in hand, I immediately saw someone I knew--that someone was Andy.  I hadn't talked to him in a while, but caught up with him and his lady friend Rosie and found out he was moving out of town within a week!  Happy trails, team Andy!

Acting fast, I asked him what he was doing today (he replied he had no plans prior to 4:00 p.m.--the big winnings at bingo don't start until 5:00 p.m. anyway) and asked him if he wanted to swap gifts.  No problem, said he with a shrug.  I believe he committed because he knew he was getting at least one sombrero (I wouldn't tell him the other two gifts).  Heck, I'd do just about anything if I was getting a sombrero.

Andy
-Profession: Healthcare Software Consultant

-Favorite Disney Princess: Ariel

-Think of a mountain range.  Now think of a second.  Now think of a third.  Which one are you thinking of?:  The Alps?  [Sorry, we were looking for The Andes.]

-Andie MacDowell (my boyhood crush that still continues) starred in Groundhog Day.  Which of the following was a true statement that revolved around the film?:
[A] Bill Murray became addicted to painkillers while treating plantar fasciitis
[B] A family of groundhogs was raised for the film
[C] Andie and Chris Eliot got engaged for five months after the filming was complete
[D] The residents of Punxatawny boycotted the film

I think it's [D] because they felt the movie misrepresented the town...and Phil.  [Sorry, it was actually 'B']

-What kind of person is a sombrero looking to sit atop?:  Anyone who's looking for fun or working in the sun.  A mustache helps, but it's not necessary, though.