August 27: Caribou Coffee Mug

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 8:25 AM
Given to Cordy from Brittany.

No surprise here, I suppose.  Once she was spontaneously asked to participate in the gift exchange yesterday, Brittany found something fast and that quick present was a coffee mug.  Cordy said she needed a coffee mug and bought one last week.  Nothing like a two-for-one special.

What was a surprise was getting a dead battery in my car yesterday when I was leaving work.  I had to get a jump after work and then another two jumps later in the evening--once from Cordy after we met up and a subsequent one from a guy named William (not Bill or Billy or Mac or Buddy) who came via my Roadside Assistance plan.  A car jump feels like a high-five with some meat on it.  I'm not talking a high-five that hurts, but one that has some substance behind it.  A jump is definitely not like a hug; that would be like sharing the emergency heat blanket with someone.  It's not like a kiss either; that's like ditching the blanket 'cause it's getting in the way.  A handpound equivalent is getting an oil change and a handshake is like signing the title.  Nope, someone comes to jump start your car battery and it's like, "Hey man, give me some skin...now let's get you on the road again."

Cordy
-Profession: Paleontologist

-Favorite cruising music: BPM Channel 51 on XM Sirius Satellite Radio

-On your life bucket list, does it include anywhere on it buying, trading, kicking, filling, or dumping a bucket?:  No.  No buckets.  I'm not a fan of buckets.  I just have a list.

-When you're alone--and sometimes with loved ones--you'll sing short ditties.  Say there is a squirrel in your front yard.  What would be a fitting ditty?:  I'd first call him "Squill".  And I'd sing something like "Squilly Squills".  And I would sing it over and over and on the hour.

-In your spare time, you like stamp collecting and paleontology.  What other aristocratic pastime do you want to do?:  Collect small things which I did as a kid.  I had small decks of playing cards and small dice.  I would also find small toads and would catch and release them.