July 5: Coleman LED Micropacker Lantern and 3 Washington D.C. Golf Balls

Friday, July 6, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 12:27 AM
Given to Ashley from Chico.

Life Rule #42: If Chico ever asks you to do something, you are under obligation to carry it out.  I'm not sure where or when it started, but I became indoctrinated a few years ago when I joined Chico's pick-up basketball league where he presides as Commissioner.  Fast forward to yesterday when I joined him and some other lads for holiday hoops.  He emailed me a couple of days prior to the 4th of July and asked if I could make it down to play for a couple of hours.  A cancelled barbecue and a complete rearrangement of my day off of work and I was there.  Sure, I was happy to make it down and see everyone, but I was there partly because you don't turn down the Commissioner.

The nice thing is that he's benevolent about it.  He doesn't overuse the privilege.  But, for example, if he needed some peach iced tea at 4:30 a.m. and asked you to get it, it would take a crisis at home for me or anyone else to turn him down.

Ashley
-Profession: College student

-Favorite Barney & Friends character:  Barney!

-You've mentioned a challenge in your personal life in balancing traditional Korean culture with modern American living.  How might you balance traditional American culture (i.e. buckled hats) with modern Korean living?:  I think we'd probably use a pig instead of a turkey for the first Thanksgiving.

-You enjoy listening to country music.  What would the theme of a country song be about Korean life?:  Someone's working in a shanty town, but not wanting to marry the guy your parents promised for you.

-You and your dad are planning to hike for two months from France to Spain.  Aside from water, what will your chief ration be?:  Banana Chips