July 19: Trio of Books

Friday, July 20, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 12:36 AM
Given to Ellen from Laura.

We have three, ahem, three NY Times best-selling books given away tonight: Tail Spin by Catherine Coulter, The Sixth Man by David Baldacci, and The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand.  And we also have a simple task for Ellen: design a simple plot involving the people pictured on the back of the books, known in the publishing business as the "authors".
The wife, the mom, and the indiscriminate would-be President

The three are in a love triangle.  He's married and needs his wife's support as he runs for President.  He'a also having a fling with her mother.  The mother gives them all AIDS and all three die on the same day--stuck with each other for eternity.

"I put my hand upon your cone--
when I dip, you dip, we dip"
Ellen
-Profession: Speech Pathologist & Actor/Director

-Favorite McDonald's dollar menu item: Dip Cone

-When someone dies, at what age do you stop celebrating their birthday? (i.e. Uncle Reggie would have been 129 today): Probably 106 is the cut-off.

-When you were looking for a new temple (i.e. temple hopping), did they give you a stamp or sticker for your collection?:  No, I got greeted--I got shalom-ed.  It's funny, I went into a temple one day and it's very common practice for the rabbi to ask people lots of questions.  He posed this thought-provoking question and everyone turned their head and looked at me.  Turns out, I stumbled into a friend of mine's kid's bar mitzvah.

-Do you remember what color sunglasses Bono wore when you met him?:  I don't remember.  They were a completely unknown band in the U.S. at the time.  They were on a plane and on their first tour here.  Bono told me I was fortunate to meet him because they were going to be famous.  They were also completely wasted and were throwing sandwiches on the plane.  I told them I thought they were a bunch of f*^%heads.  They just laughed--they were so drunk, anything was funny.