July 29: Birthday Cake Notepad

Monday, July 30, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 12:04 AM
Given to Elizabeth from Sarah.

I have a sneaking suspicion that one or two members of the Olympic team are following my blog.  Ever since the start of the London Olympics, the page views from the UK have increased noticeably.  I'd like to shamelessly self-promote and ask that if you are an Olympian and reading this blog, can you write the web address in White-Out on your swimcap or get a temporary tattoo on your tricep?  Or just email me and let me know how things are going and if you'd like a care package sent to you?  My mom makes a mean chocolate chip cookie and I know a thing or two about trail mix.  I have an unlimited budget for Sudoku books, so I'll make sure there are enough in there to get you through the next several days.

If you are not an Olympian and are just a Brit who enjoys a good time, I say, "Cheerio!"  I've never been to your fine isle, but I hear great things.  Here's something to talk about at your next high tea: Americans who think they're being funny will talk about Brits and their tea and crumpets.  I've never had a crumpet (a kind of griddle cake), but they look delicious.  When you make fun of Americans, do your jokes involve us eating T.G.I. Friday's mozzarella sticks?


What would a kiss for your
insides be?
Elizabeth
-Profession: English Teacher

-Favorite favorite in Internet Explorer: NYTimes.com

-You attended the Bread Loaf School of English in Middlebury, VT for your Masters program.
-Who are the upper crust?:  Robert Frost and probably Paul Muldoon
-Who ends up as toast?:  Joseph Battell, who wrote Ellen--or Whisperings of an Old Pine, the story about a girl who fell in love with a pine tree
-Do kids wake up with breadcrumbs in their eyes?:  No, but that would add to its charm.

-You teach at a Quaker school.  Tell me an expression that would inspire someone, while referencing Quaker Oats:  Eat your Quaker Oats: A nice warm hug for your insides in the morning.

-As an English major, you developed a love for haiku.  You also attended a cousin's wedding this weekend.  Write a haiku based on love.
There is no secret
It all comes down to this truth:
Love one another