December 12: Magic Eye Book, "Late Night with David Letterman" Book of Top 10 Lists, and 1000 Questions and Answers Book

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 3:41 AM
Given to Mandi from Mike.
If you stare at this photo long enough, you'll see I was just
messing with you.
I attended this year's Kennedy Centers Honors where David Letterman was given an award.  It was a fun, festive gathering, featuring many celebs and politicos.  My friend Travis was celebrity seeking/stalking during the reception that followed the awards ceremony.  He found fellow awardee Robert Plant (of Led Zeppelin fame) standing by himself, so he thought he'd ask for a photo.  With a gentle tap on his shoulder, Travis said, "Mr. Plant, congratulations on your award.  "Would you mind if I get a picture with you?"
-"Can't you see I'm in a f^&*ing conversation?" he replied.
-"Umm, yes, but..."
-"Go ahead and take your f^&*ing picture and f^&*ing enjoy it for the rest of your f^&*ing life."

Yes, heartfelt congratulations, Robert Plant.  I will enjoy this f^&*ing story for the rest of my f^&*ing life.

Mandi

-Profession: Advertising and Marketing (sorry only a two word answer applies to this question)

-Favorite cycle:  Unicycle

-You have three cats.  Which trio would they most line up with and why? (i.e. Miami Heat trio; 3 Muskateers; Huey, Duey and Luey):  Definitely Huey, Duey and Luey or the Three Stooges.  They are ridiculous in so many ways!

-Have you thought about changing the 'i' in your name to a 'y' so you can tell your co-workers in staff meetings that there's no 'i' in Mandy?:  I can honestly say no.  I like that my name is (was) a little different while I was growing up.  However, some of the names kiddos are given these days are more odd than mine.  So I think I will keep it.

-In working for a bank, do you eagerly help neighbors' or relatives' children whose math problems specifically have to do with compound interest?:  Um no!  I needed a refresher on Compound Interest (thank you Dan - I think) so I went to internet and googled it.  Brought back so many terrible memories of math class.

What's your preferred compound interest rate?: 8.00 percent APY so that I am receiving the interest not paying it!  I would love to see rates get there!