November 20: Starbucks 12 oz. "Tall" Mug

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 12:59 AM
Given to Erin from Mayank.
I think the general public keeps clamoring
for me when they order a 'tall americano'.
Do you ever lock into a memory of a person that stays with you no matter how hard you try to shake it?  I've got that issue with Erin, with whom I went to college.  Truth be told, she and I did not hang out a lot together.  We both took the same English class--English 240: A Common Language--and remember the teacher flirting with this one girl named Allison, who was in a sorority.  Let's hope she's not working at a Subway.

But when I ran into Erin in the spring and when I hung out with her a couple of weeks ago, I had to bite my tongue because I wanted to ask her how John Park was doing.  [Erin, I can see your face contorting in unusual positions right now...sorry, babe.]  John Park was her boyfriend in college.  They have long since broken up.  It's been, oh...10 years.  She has another boyfriend.  I don't know him, so I can't even begin to assess if he can fill the cavern of a hole left by John Park's shoes.  The funny thing is that I knew John Park less than I knew Erin in college.  The only thing that I knew about him was that he played lacrosse and I remember seeing him once at a local hangout drinking a Mike's Hard Lemonade.  That's it.  That is it.

Erin, would you mind calling John Park and seeing how he's doing?


I wished we could have popped
the Pop-o-Matic Bubble in college
Erin
-Profession: Speech Language Pathologist

-Favorite dipthong: ai

-You and I went to college together.  Name one or two activities that you wished we had done together:  1) Filled the arch [of a well-known academic building] with snow; and 2) crawled in the underground tunnels beneath campus.

-You go to other peoples' homes to tutor their children in speech pathology.  Any interesting interactions between parents that you've observed?:  Nothing crazy in the houses.  But I've had parents fight in front of me.  One time, a guy was weeping; his wife told him to 'not go weepy on me'.

-In your spare time, you enjoy beading.  In grade school, were you making friendship bracelets all the time?:  I did and sold them to neighborhoods for 10 cents.  They were upscale bracelets.
-If you were to make me a friendship bracelet, what would it be like?:  Orange and blue to match your orange shoes that you're wearing and the blue outfit that you talked about before.  But it'd be an anklet.