October 28: Copper Horse Artwork

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 11:59 PM
Given to Cathy from Carol.
Ride a horse and save a cowboy
 Here's Carol's 17 second gift--a very cool pounded copper relief of a horse.  I don't know if I like the gift more than the way Carol got it.  As I mentioned yesterday, I went downstairs from my brother's apartment to seek out Carol, not knowing if she was in or not.  However, she surprisingly greeted us at the entrance to the apartment complex and said she'd participate in the gift exchange on the spot. She invited my brother and me into her apartment.  As she rounded the corner from the entrance to her place, she grabbed the copper relief off her wall, held it up and asked me if it was sufficient enough to serve as a white elephant gift.  It may be four months away, but I have a question for Carol: would you be my Valentine?

Cathy
-Profession: ESL (English as a Second Language) Teacher

-Favorite activity to do on a holiday?:  Eat

-Do you view the 'y' in your name as more of a consonant or a vowel?:  A consonant.  If it were a consonant for another word and you were going to make it plural, the 'y' would convert to 'ies'.  You can't change me into a vowel. 

-You collect snow globes and have about 100 or so.  How many snowstorms could you crate simultaneously?:  I can do five by myself.  But I think I could do upwards of 20 snowstorms.

-At what age is appropriate to teach non-native English speakers swear words?:  They actually know them by age 10.  But I would say it's okay to teach them at 12. 

-What's the funniest phrase you've seen included in an English textbook?:  Brown nose.  I had a really hard time trying to explain that without using the expression 'ass-kisser'.