May 1: Wooden Elephant Puzzle and Metallic Origami Star

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 11:52 PM
Given to Catie from Josh.
There are six little green plastic soldiers inside the elephant
Personally, I'm skeptical of people who give wooden animals as gifts, but Josh assured me the wooden Jenga-like elephant was a harmless puzzle.  When I gave it to Catie this evening, she was less skeptical and more confused, and asked to borrow my camera so she could photograph the step-by-step moves she would make in taking it apart.  It's okay, Catie.  I know what that feels like.  I wish I had a camera, too, when I was trying to put a Mr. Potatohead figure back together yesterday.

When she sees red, she knows she's
in the wrong part of town
Catie
-Profession: Perpetual Dreamer

-Favorite stoplight color: Green.  Yellow's my favorite color, but when I see it in a traffic light, I freak out!

-Rumor has it that you possess a thimble collection.  Do tell:  Yeah, I've got lots of thimbles and I now collect them when I go places.  My favorite is one that I got on a road trip to Williamsburg with my mom during the summer before my sophomore year in high school.  It was a thimble with a knight whose helmut flips up.  When I'm playing Monopoly, the thimble is my piece.  If someone else grabs it before me, I give them a dirty look...and then they give it back.

-When's the last time you've lip sing-ed?:  I was lip singing to "I Want to Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston when I was procrastinating for my Colonial America final--yuck.  I had a dream for the longest time to be the only female in a boy band and was devastated when N'Sync broke up.

-Have you ever had a cell phone yawn?:  Yes!  It was last Friday night and we were all at Mike's Bar.  When my friend and I got there, everyone had their phones out.  I wanted to be in the cool group and took mine out, too.  I didn't even do anything on it--I was just staring at the screen.