May 5: Heineken glass and collector tin, Taipei 101 light-up glass display, Alaskan American Eagle woodcarving, and Michelob Beerstein

Sunday, May 6, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 1:32 AM
Given to Kate from John.

John calls this his "around the world" present: a Heineken glass and tin (Amsterdam), Taipei 101 (the world's tallest building from 2004 to 2010) display (Taiwan), American Eagle woodcarving (Alaska) and the Michelob beer stein (St. Louis).  I call it an awesome gift bundle of stuff you actually want.

He did a lot of travel, both domestically and internationally, and picked up some of these items during his travels.  And he did much better than me when coming home from a trip; I usually give magnets and keychains from the souvenir shops.  Although on my most recent trip to Germany, I brought home a piece of cheese strudel (my favorite) for a friend and some Bavarian pretzels.

Bacon is also the gateway into more
interesting smelling gas
Kate
-Profession: Housing Foreclosure Prevention

-Favorite classical painter: Van Gogh

-You were a vegetarian for a long time until one fateful day...: I was a vegetarian for 13 years and I woke up one morning to my boyfriend (at the time) cooking bacon in the skillet on the stove.  It smelled sooo good.   I was looking over his shoulder and watching him make it.  And I asked him if one little corner would hurt.  He said no.  So I had some and then ate meat from that point forward.  It's true what they say: bacon is a gateway meat.

-How did you get your current cat?:  I broke up with my boyfriend after living with him.  I couldn't have a pet, even though I wanted one, because he was allergic to pets.  As soon as we broke up, I went to the APL and got a cat.  He's named after my favorite Beatle--George.

-You work with housing and ironically had a problem with your housing when someone two floors above you left the water running in the bathroom sink at 4:30 in the morning, which trickled down to your apartment?:  Yes!!  At that time, I heard water running between the walls.  It got all over the girly pillows on my bed.  And it was dirty water, too!  It made the plaster walls bubble.  The person must have been very old or very stoned.