April 4: "Beanswax Over the Moon" Yankee Candle and Notepad

Thursday, April 5, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 12:12 AM
Given to Kandyce from Carol.
Fine print: And don't forget to call your mother
Last year, the organization I work for was holding an event at the place where Kandyce works.  Very nice and comfortable facility.  It was my first time there and I was getting a tour of the place; at this time, we did not know each other.  As I was being led around the facility, I noticed something sparkling in the ballroom carpeting.  I bent down and picked up a nice-sized diamond that came out of someone's earring or ring.  I gave it to the person who was showing me around in the faint hope that someone would claim it.

Since that time, I have bent down when noticing anything sparkling in carpet.  97% of the time, it's glitter.  The other 3% of the time, it's change.  100% of the time, it's not worth me bending down.


Kandyce
-Profession: Assistant Catering Manager

-Favorite # of rings before answering your phone:  0.  I keep my phone on silent, so it doesn't ring.  I miss a ton of calls.  My husband calls maybe 5 or 6 times and then I call him back.

-urbandictionary.com says Kandyce is "the kind of person who rides a unicorn into the sunset".  Any truth in there for you?:  Riding a unicorn is kind of hippie-like.  And my sisters called me a hippie.  So yeah.

-Some people talk about putting the "fun" into 'funeral' or 'fundraising'.  How can you put the "hospital" in 'hospitality'?:  I'd knock people out so they could get into a bed.  Maybe throw in a complimentary ice pack.

-Who's your absolute favorite tap dancer of all-time?:  Gene Kelly.  There's this scene he does from An American in Paris that I absolutely love.  I tried it once, but I don't think I'll ever attempt it again.