You've probably read a sports story that began with a word such as 'fanatic' where the pronunciation guide and definition of the word follow. You may also see it with a letter from a school system superintendent who writes 'levy' in the same manner as if we all are too obtuse to understand what those words mean. You'll forgive me when I do the same thing here this evening, information courtesy of Merriam-Webster.com.
votive: \ˈvō-tiv\ adjective
1) consisting of or expressing a vow, wish, or desire <a votive prayer>
2) offered or performed in fulfillment of a vow or in gratitude or devotion
I'll focus on the first definition. Anne's got five votive candles in this gift from Thom and, correspondingly, she gets five wishes. In an exclusive interview, this is what she wants:
1) Lisa Loeb to be the featured vocalist on the Iron Man 3 soundtrack
2) The U.S. Postal service to remain solvent
3) Zagat to issue a Fort Wayne, Indiana guide
4) Y to be considered strictly a consonant
5) Men to stop wearing pleated pants
|This is her blog picture-taking face|
-Favorite action verb: vivre ("to live" in French)
-Is the 'E' at the end of your name a sign of antiquity like 'shoppe' or 'olde'?: My mom thought it was more royal looking.
-Is your 'dancing face' akin to any other face you display in other life situations?: No. Nope.
-What would you do for a 12 oz. beer?: Build a hovercraft.