April 22: Old Geezer Hearing Aid

Sunday, April 22, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 9:38 PM
Given to Jackie from Lisa.

Most people born around Christmas think that they have it the worst when it comes to birthdays.  They feel that they get overlooked and don't get their fair share of desserts and presents.  Well, I'd like to tell all those December and January crybabies what it's like to have a birthday on Earth Day.  Growing up, most people wouldn't give me a remote-controlled car or a baseball mitt or video games--stuff kids want.  No, I got pine trees and ferns and bags of mulch for my birthday.  There's a whole grove of mature trees in my parents' yard that shields them from neighbor Bill in the back.  So I guess people were just buying my parents gifts all these years.

Jackie
-Profession: English teacher

-Favorite adverb: quickly (because most people use 'fast' as an adverb)

-Using your favorite adverb, create a sentence with your name in it: Jackie quickly thought of the perfect white elephant gift to give to the next person.

-Do you grade your husband on an A to F scale on his household chores?:  No, I don't.  I use a 10-point scale for him, movies and books.

-Where is the breaking point in the school year when teaching turns into movie watching?:  Never.  But it seems that social studies is at their breaking point all the time.