January 29: Gemstone necklace

Sunday, January 29, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 7:36 PM
Given to Kari from Dottie.
Gemstones are chakra, red stone, Tiger Eye and jade
"Pay it Forward" has a special meaning to Kari.  A few months ago, my mom was appreciating a necklace Kari was wearing.  Kari took it off and gave it to my mom.  Now, she's getting a new necklace back through the gift exchange.  If only my mom liked Kari's drain and gutter system...who knows what would have happened then?

And, by including Kari, I've stumbled into someone who does a yearly white elephant gift exchange with a ton of her friends.  She showed me one of the gifts that keeps making it back into the exchange--this facially decorated (read: piercings and colorfully drawn-on facial hair) mannequin head.  It was a cross between Pee Wee's Playhouse and bad horror movie.

Kari
-Profession: Database Administrator Nerd

-Favorite insect:  Stink bug.  They're everywhere!  [she shakes her head] I even found some in my kiln gloves!

-You're a former cheerleader.  Can you come up with a cheer for this blog?:  Give me a 3!  Give me a 6! Give me a 6!  366 days of White Elephants!  Whoo!

-Since you're a self-admitted nerd, tell me something non-nerdy you do:  I like to do a lot of different things--using the left and right sides of my brain.  I was recently the Mom in Christmas Story.  I even got the "Bob the Builder" award.
She's not letting this go to her head