June 25: Muscle Mug, Blue Bottle, and Goin' Nuts Mug

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 2:40 AM
Given to Abby from Sam.
Collect the Tendon and Ligament Mugs to complete your set!
I'm caught betwixt two interesting--some would call captivating--individuals.  Let's start with Sam: his metrosexual manner musters muliebral and masculine crushes, while his penchant for ambling around as a member of the literati has endeared him to the intellectual bourgeoisie.  To put it simply: Sam's a dream muffin for a lot of people.

Then there's Abby.  She's half-English, half-American, which makes me want to ask her about the Mayflower for no discernible reason.  I eagerly await her every syllable in the hopes of catching a glimpse of the accent that makes my heart go pitter-pat.  And while I wait, she talks about what made Wonder Woman really weak and what a spilled cola would look like in her invisible plane to onlookers below.  To put it simply: Abby's a muffin top for a lot of people, whatever that means.

Back to the gifts...Sam got the mug that is shaped and categorized as a muscle from a raffle at a poetry reading.  He didn't say where he got the other two items, but the three of us were a bit confused by the Goin' Nuts mug that featured six peanuts then one oddly placed piece of hardware.

I hope you're having some
guac there, too
Abby
-Profession: Student

-Favorite old building: Sagrada Familia in Spain

-Dear Abby, I'm having a dinner party for 11 and I made a large bowl of pico de gallo that serves only 8.  Should I make another batch of pico de gallo or a batch of mild salsa that feeds 6?  Sincerely, Mexican Spreads.

Dear Mexican Spreads,
You should go with the salsa idea by having a diverse arrangement of platters in order to make your guests feel more comfortable.  They'll be able to choose from their favorite food.  And don't forget to invite me.  Sincerely, Abby

-Where would 'Mean Mr. Mustard' and 'Polythene Pam' 'Come Together' in harmony?:  I give up.  [Abbey Road]

-As a half-Brit, half-Yankee, how do you feel like you're a bridge between former colonial power and colony?:  I call people out when their English is bad.  I feel like I'm doing my part.