June 22: "Robert's Rules" book, Teddy Bear, 4 Boxes of Crayola Crayons, and "Piled Higher and Deeper" Graduate Cartoon Book

Saturday, June 23, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 12:20 AM
Given to Rachelle from Denise.

I had a first happen to me this evening.  I needed to use the bathroom prior to my exchange with Rachelle; that's not the first I'm referring to, by the way.  I walk to the men's room and I open the door to see a man already squatted there on the toilet looking quite surprised to see someone else enter his space.  In a scene that seemed to lose all sound and smell, I quickly clutched the handle while bowing rapidly and offering condolences.  It could have been a whole lot worse if it was a unisex bathroom with my gender counterpart doing her thang.  When he came out and walked past me at the Starbucks counter, I asked him if I could buy him a slice of raspberry loaf (they had a full plate of seven in the showcase) to try to make up for a lack of a lock.  Nothin' doin'.

I particularly like Robert's Rules, which is a guide on how to run a meeting.  The book, the cover claims, is written in "plain English"; I prefer broken English, but that's just me.  I did a little search on Amazon and the book gets five stars and rave reviews from tons of people who say the book is great for running meetings and the language is clear, etc.  Why then do you have Robert's Rules for Dummies and a Complete Idiot's Guide to Robert's Rules?

The Cliffs Notes version of "Robert's
Rules" is entitled "Bob's Rule"
Rachelle
-Profession: Starbucks Supervisor

-Favorite grade of gas: 87

-You have mentioned your fondness of cuddling with your boyfriend.  At what point does cuddling turn into spooning?:  About the 20-minute mark.  It's right after I turn over and get comfy on the warm side.

-Do you think Robert's Rules could apply--in any way--to the bedroom?:  Absolutely!  I run things there anyway, but this can only help.

-You enjoy braiding hair.  Rank the following items to braid by easiest to hardest: al dente fettucini, hair, yarn, jumper cables, pull & peel licorice:
1) yarn
2) pull & peel licorice
3) hair
4) al dente fettucini
5) jumper cables