March 18: The Big-Ass Book of Crafts and a Bike Navigator Bell

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 10:59 PM
Given to Chris from Molly.
The Little-Ass Book of Crafts has 40% less craft projects
"What am I going to do with this?" asks Chris upon receiving his gift.  He thumbs through the pages, shakes his head, then grunts.  I had perused the book prior to giving it to Chris and I thought the same thing.  Do I have the time/patience to make my own stationary? [side note: I just scent my letters with some Axe body spray.]

The book advertises that it's for any "mood, budget and skill level".  Skill level-check.  Budget-check.  Mood--what does that mean?  I'm feeling high as a kite!  Let me make a patterned tablecloth!  I'm feeling depressed and anti-social.  I guess it's time for me to make a gothic chime.

What if you did the ultimate craft project and got some of those fancy patterned scissors and cut a pattern on the perimeter, then cut a pattern into the binding?  Open it up and--tada!--you've got a snowflake book!

Chris
-Profession: Small Business Owner

-Favorite Dairy Queen treat: Reese's Pieces Blizzard

-How many tropical storms bear your name?: 2?  [There are 5]

-When you're doing a "criss-cross applesauce", what are you doing?:  Playing with my mom's homemade applesauce on my plate.  [Answer: Sitting in a lotus position]

-You have a special connection to frogs?:  The town I grew up in is the frog jumping capital of the state. My grandmother always held the contest on her estate.  All these senators and business people would come every year.