February 20: Plush bunny, Bottle of Orange Crush, Candy cigarettes, fortune cookie and various Sony swag

Monday, February 20, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 10:49 PM
Given to John from Julie.
No spine, but I've got my Orange Crush
It's President's Day and I'm looking at this rabbit that Julie gave to John and it got me wondering if any one of our U.S. Presidents had a pet rabbit.  Turns out JFK had one named Zsa Zsa and Honest Abe had one, too.  Here are some of my favorite Presidential pets, courtesy of wikipedia.
  • Benjamin Harrison: 2 opossums--Mr. Reciprocity and Mr. Protection
  • Herbert Hoover: 2 crocodiles
  • Calvin Coolidge: A pygmy hippo named Billy
  • Teddy Roosevelt: A one-legged rooster
  • Andrew Jackson: Pol, a parrot taught to swear

"YOU don't run me,
and THEY don't run me!"
John
-Profession: Lawyer

-Favorite Constitutional Amendment:  The fifth

-This being President's Day...who's the most underrated U.S. President?:  John Adams.  He was overshadowed by everyone around him, mostly Washington and Jefferson.  If you read history, he may have been the most key guy.

-Which TV lawyer do you most closely emulate?:  I'm like Mitch McDeere from The Firm.

-Can you recite a quote from a famous John?:  "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."-John F. Kennedy