February 13: The Giant Bag Clip, plush dog toy, and Pot of Gold chocolates

Monday, February 13, 2012 - Posted by 366 White Elephants at 11:13 PM
Given to Angie from Hal.

Valentine's Day is tomorrow and people often fret if they don't have a special someone to share the day with.  That's why I think this pairing of gifts is perfect.  Say you are solo.  Open up the Hershey's Pot of Gold chocolates starting at 8:30 a.m. and nurse them throughout the day--one after breakfast, two for a mid-morning snack, etc.  And with each bite, tell your new plush dog Morgan how much you adore her/him and how you hope with a magical kiss, s/he would turn into a fabulous prince or princess and cast you away to a mystical land.

After this day of make-believe, you then dig into the sour cream & onion chips with a 2-liter of Coke and watch re-runs of Breaking Bad.  When you're on the second bag of chips, use this handy Giant Bag Clip and call it a night...only to relive it tomorrow.

Angie
-Profession: Research Assistant

-Favorite mountain:  Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park (Maine)

-What's the most ridiculous trip you've ever made for food?:  When I was in college, I drove about an hour into West Virginia to eat sub-par Italian at an Olive Garden.  There was this wait for 40 minutes.  And I forgot my tiramisu.  I have no interest in going back to get it.  That, however, was not my memorable trip to West Virginia.

-Oh?  Do tell:  Also in college, we had this whitewater rafting trip.  When we were on the river, I looked back and saw a river guide jump out of the raft because of a large whirlpool.

-What do you think you've got a better chance of escaping--whirlpool or quicksand?:  I think quicksand because I don't think you sink as quickly if you're struggling.  Plus, there are jungle vines to pull you to safety.  If you're in deep water, you're finished.

Marvel can turn anything into a comic book character...I mean, Quicksand?
What's next?  The Human Iron?  The Deadly Ice Cube Tray?